Elsa's Babbit

Pattern: Sophie
Yarn: Sirdar Bonus Flash DK - Peacock - glad of the strength of this as I pulled and pulled at it to knit around the stuffing for the head without leaving great ladders between the dpns - used about a ball
Needles: 3.5mm Bamboo DPNs
Started: 15 February 2008
Finished: 24 February 2008
Notes: Loved knitting it once I was past the cast on where whilst wrestling the dpns I feared it might go the way of Clarabelle's Woodins. My cast on didn't entirely disappear as it should and I confess I thought I was starting at the nose so would be able to hide it with embroidery but you actually start at the back of the head. I'm happy enough with it and I don't think that little Elsa (one today) will mind too much. I took the tip to use a crochet hook to pick up the stitches and found that worked really well; there are fiddly moments after each body part pick up (urgh sounds dodgy!!) but enough plain knitting to be quite soothing and watching the little creature grow is much fun indeed. I packed in the stuffing to get a good firm rabbit which I think was well worth it. The pattern is very well set out and easy to follow. Loved having no ends to sew in at the finish.
Modifications: Just the addition of a little pompom tail :o)
A different kind of pink flower as my PS today

Comments

Carol said…
Happy Birthday Elsa, I'm sure she'll enjoy this little cutie for years!
Donna said…
Aw, lovely cute rabbit. Have you seen the polar bear that Ysolda has done?
blog-blethers said…
I'm sure Elsa will treasure her rabbit - it's just so cuddly, isn't it?
Bells said…
tee hee. How cute. I love the butt shot!
Rose Red said…
So cute! (hee hee, butt shot!).

I'm sure Elsa will love her bunny!
Curly Cable said…
Oh what a cute rabbit, I love his little pom-pom tail and I bet he'll be a become a favourite toy for little Elsa.
Marianne said…
Aye then, little Elsa, A Big Happy Birthday to you!
Sarah, little Sophie rabbit is sweeet! I'm positive Elsa will spend tons of time cuddling! Well knit!
Charity said…
This is too sweet, I'm sure it will be much loved! :0)
Linda said…
Such a cute rabbit, the colours are great!
Knitted Gems said…
Elsa's babbit is very cute! I love her fluffy tail. Great touch.
That rabbit is so cute!! And the pompom tail is adorable :)
florencemary said…
Elsa's a darling! Definitely not a Woodin (you know, I suspect that my dumped Woodin has returned to haunt me in the form of The Evil Squirrel - eek!).

Btw, I think your yarn may have arrived today - I'm away at my daughter's - yippee, a present for me when I get home! Thank you so much!
florencemary said…
edit: oops, meant to say, Sophie's a darl... well, I'm sure Elsa's one too!
Modelwidow said…
What a lovely little bunny - and the pompom tail is just perfect.
Lynne said…
Gorgeous bunny - congratulations. And happy birthday to Elsa.
Unknown said…
Cute! So wonderful! And with the little cotton-tail and everything.
Seahorse said…
Aw, really lovely bun!
Kelly said…
Truly adorable, Sarah. Well done!
dreamcatcher said…
Oh I love the rabbit, sooo cute!

Popular posts from this blog

"As in knitting, as in life"

Blogiversary Again!