My one weakness...

Beautiful yarn, it's my one weakness as Dorcas Lane would say when another little parcel arrived from Get Knitted.
The latest little indulgences are a ball of Megaboots Stretch and some Tofutsies which was on sale and is so Project Spectrum friendly in colour it would have been unforgivable not to buy some!
I can see the sock yarn featuring large this year as I try to buy in less than the number of skeins that go out. That one or two odd balls here and there may add up but a lot less quickly than the odd ten or so here or there for a jumper. (And no I am not even thinking about yardage!) So far this year some quick bears (two balls), a couple of chunky scarves (six skeins) and a pair of socks (two skeins) have done me proud, giving me another six skeins I can buy already without another knitted item being completed :o)

And if some more Harmony needles made their way here too? Well - fine needles are my one weakness.

I haven't yet got any socks onto the Harmony DPNs but I was so impressed with them in the handling that I thought I'd try some of their circular needles too. I bought two 60cm 2.5mm ones for the LMK socks. One sock is finished (complete with sewn bind off) and the other is taunting me. I wasn't a natural with the toe up shenanigans and and could easily let number two linger unknit if I don't coax the inner knitter along soI thought I'd get two circs so pretty they'd make it an irresistible knit. Again credit is due to my toe up sock knitting mentor for spurring me on and for advice on the lengths to buy :o) Hopefully I'll get this sock underway this weekend, along with polishing off the Fiery Socks, Cabled Cardigan, Moonlight and starting a Sophie. Ah well a girl can dream.
More PS pink courtesy of a glorious acquisition from the very talented Hanna
after all pretty bags are my one weakness.

Comments

Marianne said…
YUM YUM I am loving those yarns, especially that first one, would ya just gander at those colours! :^)

I just may be The Very Last Knitter Without Harmony Needles... quite the title,eh? Soon.... soon... I shall order some too...
XOX
raining sheep said…
My harmony dpns FINALLY arrived. I was so excited I posted them on my blog. Have not tried them out yet...but intend to this weekend.
Bells said…
see now that's why Knit from your Stash 2007 failed for me. You were allowed to buy sock yarn. It didn't count. There was literally an explosion of sock yarn in my house last year.

But as you say, it's a weakness.....
Rose Red said…
Lucky you only have one weakness!!

Gee, if I'm a toe-up mentor, I'd better make me some more, hadn't I!!

Love the Harmony needles. So pretty. So smooth.
florencemary said…
Nice buys! My Megaboots socks are probably the best I've knitted in terms of machine-washability and general durability.
Anonymous said…
I got hte Harmony options set and just love it. Going to order a few more sizes. Particularly some 2.75mm ones to have a go at knitting socks on 2 circs. I'm gonna try knititng the complete pair in one go. i'm suffering from such a dreadful 2nd sock symptom. All my wips have been swaped to Harmony circs now. dpns are great too but a bit short for me. Prefer longer dpns.
Donna said…
Love the colour of the Tofutsies. Did you know they are sponsoring Sock Wars III?
Kath said…
The Lana Grossa is the same one I made my Monkeys with and they are wearing brilliantly (can't comment on machine washing them as I always hand wash mine) and I love the colours of the Tofutsies!
At least dpns' are smally enough to sneak into the house!!
Linda said…
Lovely yarn! Sock yarn is so tempting to buy, it just seems like a tiny skein doesn't it! (Until , like me, you can't fit any more in the "little" box under the bed!!!)

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa's Babbit

"As in knitting, as in life"

Blogiversary Again!