Competition Time
I blame the yarn fumes. I wasn't going to buy any yarn in January - not a diet but a rational thought that maybe this year I would try and knit up more than I would buy. It soon became clear that depriving myself of yarn in gloomy January when I wasn't feeling well was about the most irrational thing I could do. So when I saw some hand dyed sock yarn called Sea Spray from an ebay seller based in Cornwall I had to have it :o) Then I saw that Get Knitted has the Knitpicks Harmony DPNs set so I just cruised on over there for a peek and managed to talk myself down from the full six pack to just trying one pack - ooh just look at them. I got the 2.25mm size as someone who shall remain nameless (but who has been wearing a nice scarf of late) sat his great bottom on my set of 2.25 sock needles and snappyed one. I think I may love these more than the Brittany's. Though the proof will be in the using - the Harmony's are ahead at the moment as they're longer, more colourfu...
Comments
Have fun!
Good luck though!
That's a sweet old Singer!
Swatches too? you are being a good girl, as for what to do with them, I would sew them together to make a blanket/throw (well I would if I actually knit swatches !!!)
Mary
I love your machine by the way - I have a very modern white one that doesn't have half the personality of yours.
I've nominated you for an award. May not manage to finish blog post tonight though so check it out tomorrow.