I've been squammed

A week on and the freckles are fading but the effects of my time at SquamItalia! will be with me forever. I have pictures and I have a full heart. I'm not sure I have the words. I keep writing sentences and deleting them. It's so hard to explain exactly what it was like and why it has such an impact. The ingredients meant it was bound to be fabulous: a sunny hillside in Italy with views of the sea one way and the mountains the other, talented teachers and a whole group of powerful, creative women brought there by the vision of one to have fun and learn.


















The magic is in how those people come together and in the creation of a space so removed from everyday life that I found I could cast off some of the restrictions I've learned to put on myself when I've come up against challenges and challengers in the past. Thank you so much to everyone I met for making my time unforgettable. When do you ever get the chance to meet so many creative spirits, open and friendly, reaching out and reaching within themselves? Beautiful connections to treasure forever. It wasn't neat and tidy and it won't fit in to any box I try and offer it. It was messy and wild and totally awesome. Perfectly imperfect.


Comments

Lynne said…
Sounds wonderful. Savour it well!
Rose Red said…
I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time. It sounds like it was just what you needed to re-inspire yourself.
mysticvixen said…
perfectly imperfect !!

my new mantra thanks to YOU<-- my most loving and amazing teacher-- proof yet again that beautiful things can grow out of struggle and discord, etc.

sending you BIG love-- more soonest, e
DrK said…
oh those photos. there is no more soul restoring place than the italian 'country'side, im so glad you had such a great time.
Rachel said…
Without searching through past posts, I'm not sure I know exactly what this trip was, but Italy, creative women, and imperfectly perfect sounds like a trip to remember. Thanks for sharing the photos...I'm finding peace in them this morning!
Lily said…
Ive been Squammed too! My appreciation for what happened on that hillside in Italy between all of us grows with every passing day. Beautifully written, you.
Anonymous said…
magical. I just can't bear the envy! But I'm so happy for you that you had the chance to go and such a wonderful time!
katiemetzroth said…
wow! Italy looks gorgeous!

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa's Babbit

"As in knitting, as in life"

Blogiversary Again!