Scarftastic

Hot on the heels on one gift scarf comes another. A rather fine one if I do say so myself.Pattern: My So Called Scarf cast on 40 stitches
Yarn: 3 skeins of Manos del Uruguay; shade 6709
I used long sections of alternating two rows and carrying the yarn up the edge to introduce the new skeins because of the striking differences in colour from one skein to another. 3 skeins makes a really big, handsome scarf.
Needles: 8mm Wooden Straights
Started: 28 December 2007
Finished: 26 January 2008
Notes: It was a good job I didn't get too far on the secret knitting of this 'Christmas' present as when I showed the beloved the couple of inches I'd managed he requested it be made wider. Maybe surprise gifts should be banned! I'm pleased with the final size of this - a manly scarf. Took some knitting but already worth it to see how pleased the recipient is.

Comments

Modelwidow said…
Lovely scarf, just as well you found out about the size before you`d done too much. It looks perfect that width.
Veronique said…
Hee hee, he looks so stoked in that picture! Good job :)
Charity said…
Look at that great smile! This is a wonderful, versatile pattern, and you did a great job on it. Very nice! :0)
Lynne said…
the scarf looks very warm and cozy and he looks happy!
Marianne said…
That is One Wonderful Scarf! and that is also One Very Wonderful Smile!!!
Janey said…
What a great pic! He looks thrilled with your fab scarf!!
Rose Red said…
So snuggly warm and he looks so pleased with himself in his fab-o scarf! Yay!
Bells said…
oh it's wonderful! I love it!
Minerva Turkey said…
Your scarf is fantastic. I keep telling myself that I need to make one of these.
Linda said…
Oh, I love that scarf. It looks the perfect yarn and a great manly colour!
sheep#100 said…
Yes, well, we like right for recipient more than we like surprise around here, too.
Oooo...that's a great scarf, I love the colors!

He really does look pleased with it :D
florencemary said…
That's such a nice scarf! I haven't tried that pattern yet or bought any of that yarn, but I love both. Mr Sarah looks dead chuffed!
Loving this scarf, the yarn is loevly. Cute model too...brave person that he is!
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous scarf. Seen it mentioned afew places lately so off to search for the pattern.
dreamcatcher said…
Lovely scarf, really like the colours in it :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa's Babbit

"As in knitting, as in life"

Blogiversary Again!