Wandering


"Our stories and images and sounds create, explicate, or point to a deeper meaning that helps us receive, celebrate and be fed by beauty and bear what is hard. And if the meaning revealed by the process of creating is often more implicit than explicit, still it does not fail to feed us. Because what it feeds is not our minds but our souls and souls do not need explanations; they need only to touch and sit in the centre of the meaning that is enfolded in being..." Oriah Mountain Dreamer 

Earlier this year I participated in Meghan's delightful Horsefeathers course which was an utter revelation. She shared the quote above with us and encouraged us in a practice of showing up creatively that has really unlocked my ability to make things joyfully without worrying about whether they (or I...) am good enough.

I'm so grateful for that piece of the puzzle which has really shifted my daily experience and allowed a lot more whimsy to flit through these weeks.

The images here are all pieces that I have created this past fortnight with prompts and nudges from Jane's Beinart online group, Amy's new Enchanted Explorers Club and my own imagination.

Wandering feels like purest freedom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa's Babbit

"As in knitting, as in life"

Blogiversary Again!