My Best FO Yet
Pattern: Francis Revisited Yarn: Rowan Summer Tweed, Puff, 9.5 balls Needles: 6mm Harmony Circulars, a couple of lengths Started: 27 March 2009 Finished: 20 May 2009 Modifications: Row gauge was off so I moved the shaping rows around. I added three extra increase rounds to make the cowl neck bigger to match the larger size and try and ensure that I got the same look as the original, if I did this again I'd make it bigger still. I think its common in patterns that the collar or neck is not any larger on larger sizes and can look a bit small when it's balanced against a larger size than the sample. Very definitely my best jumper yet. It's true that there aren't many competitors in the race as I've only finished five fitted garments each of which has its issues: there's the vest that doesn't have the most flattering neckline Flair with her insufficiently double-breasted front and irritating length sleeves, Mum's cabled cardigan that was a pain in the creat...



Comments