Pay it Forward

Wherever you go in Blogland you see evidence of the amazing generosity of this community and now I have a chance to give something back to you (well three of you in particular) ; via Piglottie I have signed up for the Pay it Forward exchange:It’s based on the concept made famous in the movie “Pay it Forward” where acts or deeds of kindness are done without expecting something in return, just passing it on, with hope that the recipients of the acts of kindness pass it on. I will make and send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment to this post on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I do not know what that gift will be yet (am going to try and knit them - should Christmas gift knitting allow) but it will be sent within 6 months and that’s a promise! What you should do in return, then, is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

Comments

von said…
Hi! I'd love to take part in this, it's such a great idea!

I'm a fairly new knitter and just starting to realise how big (and how fantastic) the online knitting community is. I'm just in the process of setting up a blog (and desperately waiting for my Ravelry invite).

All the best
von
Sarah said…
Hi Von, Excellent, you're in - I just tried to look at your Blogger profile and find your blog but it says not available - I hope you check back here - if so can you email me at sarahlburrowsATgmailDOTcom with your blog address and your real world details.

I like to blame the online knitting community whole heartedly for turning my new hobby into a full blown obsession ;o) It's a wonderful place.
Littlelou said…
Count me in...Im not sure what i will pass on but having missed out on Secret pal 11 (I discovered it all too late) this sounds like next best thing. Id love to pass on lovely things to appreciative folks!!!

Lou x
blog-blethers said…
Isn't this a lovely concept and one that typifies the knitting community! Am really looking forward to participating in this and have signed up on dreamcatcher's blog.
Artis-Anne said…
I think it's a brill idea but as I said on Adele's blog I am overstretched as it is but good for you for taking part
Marianne said…
I just wanted you to know I wasn't ignoring you... I'm just swamped.. or how about arse deep in alligators?
I think this is a wonderful project and I hope to participate 'some day'... :^)
Sarah said…
I'd love to take part but I'm just drowning a bit in everything I need to do. Maybe it will still be going on after my baby is born and I'll be able to find some time.

It sounds like a really great thing. I hope you enjoy doing it.

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa's Babbit

"As in knitting, as in life"

Blogiversary Again!