Reading wants in on the Knitting Blog

CDQ tagged me for a meme on random facts but as I am 100% normal and not one squeak random :o) I couldn't think of any more random facts (still trying to write it as randomn!) So instead I shall do this reading meme from Charity's blog.

  • 1. Hardcover or paperback, and why? Paperback - I like the lightness in my hands for reading in bed and I like to carry the book everywhere - I feel more guilty if a hardback gets bashed up.
  • 2. If I were to own a book shop, I would call it... A Good Yarn (there would have to be a knitting corner with yarn on sale too :o)
  • 3. My favorite quote from a book (mention the title) is... Various quotes from The English Patient or In the Skin of a Lion by Michael Ondaatje - this is one of my favourites: "He could lead an iguana on a silver leash to its mistress"
  • 4. The author (alive or deceased) I would love to have lunch with would be... Stephen Fry - not so much for his books, more because I think he would be fabulous company, I'm not sure many authors would be the best lunch companions.
  • 5. If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except for the SAS survival guide, it would be... Too hard to choose - maybe an anthology of poetry as it would keep me going longer than a novel? Maybe the whole OED?
  • 6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that... held a book and turned the pages on command to make reading whilst eating or knitting easier. I'm not great at listening to books - I like the words to go in via my eyes!
  • 7. The smell of an old book reminds me of... calm exhilaration; like Charity I find this smell peaceful - it also hold promise.
  • 8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be... Miss Marple :o)
  • 9. The most overestimated book of all times is...Ah tricky - often the most hyped books are disappointing but I always think if we came to them unprepared we might enjoy them more. I found The Little Friend (Donna Tartt) disappointing but only because I wanted The Secret History again - is it fair to ask that of an author?
  • 10. I hate it when a book... has not been well copy edited - I think the publisher has a responsibility to eliminate spelling mistakes!

Comments

Marianne said…
Oh you have some great answers also, love the quote!
Charity said…
Thanks for playing along! I love, love, love reading these things! :0)
You did better than I did at Random facts! Very interesting!
Seahorse said…
Love your answers! I want someone to invent #6 as well!

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa's Babbit

"As in knitting, as in life"

Blogiversary Again!