If the Hat Fits

My little cotton hat sure fits Bear well enough - lets hope the little human bean it will end up with has the same size head!
Pattern: Cotton Hat from LMKG
Yarn: Blue Skys Dyed Cotton; 1/4 skein of Thistle
Needles: 5mm Bamboo DPNs
Started: 27 September 2007

Finished: 8 October 2007
Modifications: As I was concerned about running out of yarn I made the distance before decreasing for the crown a little shorter which I think has worked out okay. I substituted some ribbon for the I-cord tie.
Notes: This feels like a something from nothing hat so would surely always be a winner for that alone; the fact that it is cute is a welcome bonus.

Some other smaller hats are all ready to go off to Innocent - did anyone in the UK actually manage to a buy a be-hatted smoothie last year? Hoping to this year.
Finally I think I have a yarn talisman - a proof for me that if you give what you can, when you can, however you can - the world will give back. I think I may have got the good end of the deal this time - a skein of Koigu for two blankie squares seems like a pretty good swap to me! Thanks again Ms K - those blankets are beyond wonderful.

Comments

Charity said…
Love the little hat - isn't it so satisfying being able to use up leftovers, and getting a whole little project out of the deal? :0)
yvette said…
Your innocent hats are so cute, I did get my photos up but they posted before the post where I said they weren't, very confusing!
Linda said…
The bear in the hat is cute! I have nevre seen an innocent hat in a store!
Marianne said…
Love the little hat! and hats!
Piglottie said…
How cute is the hat!? And I love the little Smoothie hats. The Koigu is just gorgeous :)
Seahorse said…
Such a cute hat! How can you 'bear' to give it away, lol?
dreamcatcher said…
Love all the hats - did you make the pompoms/bobbles yourself, they look great :-)

The Koigu is just fabulous, me want! Can you tell us what shade number it is?
Curly Cable said…
Lovely hat, that teddy looks so cute. I love your innocent hats too and the Koigu is lush :)

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa's Babbit

"As in knitting, as in life"

Blogiversary Again!