FO Friday

Here are my comfort socks, they're done soothing me now and all ready to bring some Christmas warmth. First hand knit gift done, just another 6.2 billion to go.
Pattern: Slipped Stitch Rib from SKS
Size: 42 stitches in DK weight yarn; h to t length 8.5 inches
Yarn: Artesano Alpaca Hummingbird - Turtledove - about 1/2 skein
Needles: 3.5mm Bamboo DPNs

Started: 18 October 2007
Finished: 24 October 2007
Notes: Simple pattern, gorgeous yarn - definitely a winner. I'm not that fussed for this colourway (though it pleasingly reminds me of Refresher sweets) as I'm not so much of a pastels girl, good job or I'd be keeping these. I'm hoping to squeeze another smaller pair out of the remaining yarn, good coverage with this lovely weight yarn.

Some other comfort arrived in the mail today; this is a colourway I'd struggle to give away, the aptly named Stormy Skies. The other part of the parcel is a strict secret, oh yes it is definitely that time of year. Last year I was confident no spies were reading here but I've let a few real live people in on my secret world lately and the walls have eyes now. Luckily I can share more details at Ravelry - the beauty of a password! Sorry for any non-spies without access but you should definitely sign up for Ravelry anyway :o)

How did it get to be Friday again? Everything is too fast for me at the moment - so I'm off to curl up with my knitting and push the pause button on life for a few hours. Happy weekend.

Comments

Marianne said…
Beautiful comfort socks! Some 'bodies' are going to be very very lucky this coming holiday!
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous socks and gorgeous yarn (the stormy skies one). I know all about secret spies reading my blog.And now my inlaws have internet access I really have to watch what I write. No inlaw moans anymore. lol. My husband reads it regularly too which makes stash enhancement more difficult ot own up to. LOL.
Linda said…
I love those socks! Have a great weekend too!
Lolly said…
I love the socks - this is just the season for comfort socks too! stay warm and happy weekend!
Piglottie said…
Oh such snuggly lovely socks! I love the colour :) and super speedy knitting!!! Nice new yarn too.

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa's Babbit

"As in knitting, as in life"

Blogiversary Again!