PS Baking: Rosy Buns

Pink buns forged with fire = perfect PS theme one food. Delightful any time food :o)

I've been dreaming of Nigella's Rosebud Madeleines a la Mouthfuls of Heaven
but am doing badly at finding a madeleine tin. Not wanting to deprive myself of elegantly flavoured food stuffs, I adapted my bun recipe at the weekend to get some rosy goodness in there.

These are definitely more of your full bloom, blousy tea rose than a delicate rosebud.


Rosy Buns


125gms Plain flour plus 2 tsp Baking Powder
125gms Spreadable Butter
2 Large Eggs
125gms Caster Sugar
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp Rose Water
Red Food Colouring

Whisk flour, baking powder, butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract together until smooth. Add enough rose water (about 2 tbsp) to make a mix that drops easily from the spoon and then add red food colouring to match your own pink quotient.

Spoon into bun cases - this mix made 12 buns in a muffin tray.

Bake for around 15 minutes at Gas Mark 6.

Leave to cool and ice - I just mixed icing sugar and rosewater to a firmish consistency. Once upon a time I saw crystallised rose petals which would be the perfect topper, not that the crystallised violets do a bad job but they do mess up my all pink scheme, which is a little more subtle in the interior.

Comments

Janey said…
Ooooh yum...they look delicious! And very pink!
von said…
They look fab. I've got a really sweet tooth at the moment - you're making me hungry!
Rose Red said…
Oooh yummy. Wish I had one right now, I could have it with a cup of tea. Might just have to make a cuppa and go buy some type of cakey item.
Yum!!! Those sound so good, and I love the pink icing :D
raining sheep said…
Those sound pretty yummy and the colors are scrumptious. My socks (sorry I don't have an email for you) were made from ShiBui - the best sock yarn ever.
Bells said…
I really think you can't go wrong with rosewater. I love what you've done with it!

I got my tin online. I never see them around the shops at all!
Artis-Anne said…
Oh they look yummy and I think I might try and make them as Emily (grandaughter) is defo into pink at the moment

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa's Babbit

"As in knitting, as in life"

The Keeping Cosy Winter Shawl