Sunday, March 02, 2008

Happy Mothering Sunday

I love you Mum, all days, all ways.

Pattern:Tender from Let's Knit
Yarn: Colinette Jittrebug - Tapis
Needles: 2.75mm Metal Straights
Started: 25 February 2008
Finished: 28 February 2008
Notes: This began life as the Heart Sachet from Interweave but linking those tiny mitred squares was no fun for me and with a deadline to meet I went for the simple heart from the latest issue of Let's Knit which has several patterns that appeal to me for the first time.

PS - Glad to see the tulips in the shops; just the leaves peeping out in the garden at the moment - love the promise of spring in the bulbs coming up.


12 comments:

JudyMac said...

Nice heart, have you made it scented or left it plain?

I think I am in big trouble...mothers day in the UK is on a different day than in France. My mum is going to go nuts!

Marianne said...

Aww, very sweet and so lovely!

Lolly said...

how sweet! lovely heart :) mother's day in the US is not until may, so i have a little bit of time!

clarabelle said...

So sweet - bet mumsie loves it! I knitted for Mother's Day too and made my mum some Noro mitts...

Charity said...

Very sweet! I'm sure it will be much appreciated! :0)

dreamcatcher said...

I love the heart, really pretty colours too!

Lynne said...

Pretty heart.

Mothers' Day is in May in Australia too but I think I'd better think now of something to knit for my mum [who taught me to knit]

raining sheep said...

Beautiful! I love tulips too; I have some white ones right now. White flowers are my fave - does not do much good when the colors this month are still pink and red. Mothers day in Canada is in May...I have lots of time.

Queen of the froggers said...

Thats a lovely heart. I tried the Interweave one too and found it far too fiddly!

StarSpry said...

I love that heart; it looks great! And the tulips are lovely :)

Craftydramaqueen said...

The heart is lovely. I tried the Heart Sachet from Interweave. I got sick of riping it. I understand the pattern now. I might try it agan one day.

donnac1968 said...

Your heart is very nice, lovely colour. I wasn't overly happy with mine but mum got it anyway. It was very big, I used Wendy Fusion on 5mm needles!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...