Trying to embrace being bad at things

Papier mache apple, pear and toadstools

Acrylic painted toodstools, fruit and doodles

Acrylic painted birthday tree
I am spending more time being bad at things than is entirely comfortable for me at the moment. This is A Good Thing. I am trying to embrace learning new skills, new habits and new ways of thinking. This is not always easy but when I do manage to let go it can be fun. Especially in crafting and sometimes I even get something I am 'quite' pleased with like this little card. Mum and I had a play at papier mache this weekend and then I carried on playing with the paint. I really quite enjoyed myself. That is definitely A Good Thing :)

Comments

Unknown said…
Ooooo - I just love having a mess around with Paper Mache. Such fun!
Love the little card. x
Rose Red said…
I am very bad at embracing being not very good at something. I do applaud you for not being like me! As I tell my son, how do you get better if you don't practice?! Go you!

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa's Babbit

"As in knitting, as in life"

The Keeping Cosy Winter Shawl