Monday, April 22, 2013

Linocuts

Well escapism it certainly was. An absolutely wonderful weekend of hacking at lino, in a studio in an orchard. This was my Christmas present from my Mr. A weekend course for the two of us from Flagstone Press. An inspired choice as I would never have guessed how much I loved this. It makes bad drawings good, gets you to think about things in a whole new way and really challenged me and I have never been so pleased with my first attempts at any sort of creation. Can't wait to do more I'm starting to see the world in linocuts!












3 comments:

Lynne said...

Oh my! Love the bird and the island! Well done!

DrK said...

oh my goodness, i havent done that since high school! the look great, so much craftiness around you at the moment!

Rose Red said...

They are so cool! What a great thing to do together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...