Treasures Made

While we were away for Mum's birthday celebrations I was tempted in to some bead shops in Shaftesbury - pause for photo of Gold Hill in Shaftesbury - I stood there and felt like I was looking at a film set or postcard come to life - certain views are just so imprinted they become surreal, this photo seems like something I bought rather than took. 
No buying this though! Can you tell what/where it is?
Anyway back to bead shops - I was VERY restrained - I've been avoiding bead shops for fear of a major splurge on a whole load of materials I won't get round to using but I decided for the price of one pair of earrings that the material to make three pairs was a good investment.

First attempt reminded me that making a pair of something is going to be a challenge.
So I was delighted when I spotted a broken brooch being sold at the weekend that had the perfect ready made droplets for a pair of earrings. Minimal intervention from me; maximum satisfaction in some trash become treasure.
Look at me and my 'upcycling'!

Comments

behind the ivy said…
Is that from the Hovis advert?!

Gorgeous beads. I love the upcycled brooch earrings too - very resourceful!
Rose Red said…
I thought maybe Stonehenge too, although I'm not 100% sure! The first photo really does look like a postcard, so pretty!
And go you on the recycling! Perfect for earrings!
Charity said…
Hooray! Upcycling at it's best! :)
Lynne said…
I thought it was Stonehenge at first but I wonder if it's newer than that?

I love your photo of Shaftesbury.
Kyoko said…
Hi Sarah,
English countryside is the most beautiful thing ever. Oh I love beads shops - I am so impressed about your beautiful black earings that you have made from the brooch!! So gorgeous!
x
Kyoko
WildflowerWool said…
Not sure where that is but it is beautiful!
Unknown said…
lovely view!! Oh to live in such a pastoral place.
Anonymous said…
oh! picture postcard indeed! images like that, and watching the tour de france, make me yearn for milder climes and a quiet village life. gorgeous beads too.
marycatharine said…
Love the upcycled earrings, what a smart idea. Have to admit I'm afraid of bead stores, they suck me in.

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa's Babbit

"As in knitting, as in life"

Blogiversary Again!