Hankie Report

The news is good - I sewed without swearing! I tried to have fun and it worked for about 95% of the time. I spent a lot of time just sewing lines on the scraps of the shirt and that was great fun. Only a few moments of angst once I was on to the official item and it was a cruel choice of dark blue thread to really see what my seams were made of. Slugs and snails apparently! I find hard to believe my foot is dictating the speed, I'm sure the machine chooses but after Saturday's session I have hopes that one day it might give me some say in it - until then I think my next task will be something with seams on the safely on the inside out of sight.

Oh and no-one tell Bingo that it's a hankie and not a little mat made just big enough for all four paws to fit on. Okay?


Comments

Kelly said…
Bingo is a cutie - it always amuses me how cats manage to claim such things as their own.

I'm glad to hear the sewing is going better!
sheep#100 said…
Love the happy face. Nice hankies, too.
Anonymous said…
he he. Your first sewing experience sounds like mine. I'm not too damaged by it - I may in fact do more of it one day!
Charity said…
Hooray! Glad to hear you had fun. :o)
Wendy said…
Your cat is adorable! Yay for a positive sewing experience!
Lea said…
go Sarah! I love the face. sewing is wonderful when it comes together
Lynne said…
I couldn't help laughing at Bingo - cats are amazing in that they have to be on the latest new surface. But sitting on a hankie? Incredible!! LOL
T. said…
I can rarely knit without swearing - but sewing without swearing! That's an accomplishment.
Rachel said…
Glad this time it was enjoyable for 95% of the time! That's progress and what it's all about right!

I just love the antics of kittens.
Rose Red said…
Heh, love the Bingo photo. Cats are so funny about things like this aren't they!!

I think the hankie looks fabulous!
Gidgetknits said…
Oh, if you need something to do with the rest of the shirt, I just spotted this: http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2010/02/upcycled_shirt_cuff_wallet.html
Petit Filoux said…
Love the cat photo, it's so cute!!
t does wool said…
adorable cat! and glad you had fun Sarah!
raining sheep said…
Ha, I am laughing at your kitty sitting on the hanky. What is it about cats that as soon as you put of a piece of anything down, be it blanket, coat, magazine, laptop...they need to go and sit on it!! I admire you for persevering; pretty soon those seams will be perfect.
Linda said…
I am glad its going a bit better! My cat has taken to sitting on the yarn I am knitting with lately.
DrK said…
hehe, too cute bingo! good for you for persevering. i would have sworn and thrown things by now!
ImplausibleYarn said…
Oh I have the same relationship with my sewing machine, I hope that one day it will also let me have some say in the process.

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa's Babbit

"As in knitting, as in life"

Blogiversary Again!