On t h a t theme

Embroidery of smile, breathe, go slowly on calico

The first thing I did after writing here was of course none of the things I was contemplating. Love that. After futzing around on the interwebs a little longer I had a thought to make a little embroidery. So I scared up a scrap of calico and spent some time with some words that are of great importance to me. I think I first found this quote from Thich Nhat Hanh via this post from a favourite blog Zen Habits and it's been living over in my sidebar ever since. Just because it is there though doesn't mean I remember this wisdom when I need it most, it's so easy to stop seeing what is in front of us regularly. I chose a favourite thread, sat quietly on the sofa and enjoyed stitching these words mindfully so very much. I felt like I did the first time I read them. Starting that evening with a deep, slow, breath and holding these words at the forefront of my mind this weekend is really helping me to dig in to each moment just as I wished when I wrote the post on Friday. I'll be trying to remember these words when I step out from my happy, homely, bubble of zen this week.

Comments

Lynne said…
Great advice indeed!
Rose Red said…
So true! Love the lovely thread too.

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa's Babbit

"As in knitting, as in life"

Blogiversary Again!