I think I've found The One

I've got some very special yarn tucked in my stash. Jade Sapphire silk/cashmere 2ply. It was love at first sight/stroke when I was lucky enough to win it a long time ago now. I've written about its treasured status before. I've been waiting to find a pattern that I thought would suit it, show it off, be special but not so special it shouts over the yarn. I thought for a while that it might become a very simple basketweave scarf like I made for my Mammy's birthday this summer. That thought never became action though and this weekend I think I found the yarn's destiny.


I think it was the Yarn Harlot's version I was admiring. Then I was imagining it in a darker colour and wondering whether I had anything suitable stashed. Then I hopped over to Anne's site Knitspot and finally when I saw the words Jade Sapphire Cashmere/Silk Laceweight the penny dropped!

I'm impressed at my patience as I haven't actually cast it on yet and am still knitting on the small pile of gifts! Maybe it's not patience maybe it's because the path to the stash is chaos! Or perhaps it's just that having waited this long I may as well savour each individual step. Just knowing what's coming is a wonderful treat in itself.

Comments

supertinks said…
What a beautiful pattern. Can't wait to see yours!
Lynne said…
Oh yeah! I think you're right!
Rose Red said…
Isn't it great when you discover *the* pattern for a treasured yarn! Hurrah! I think it will look gorgeous in a darker colour.
behind the ivy said…
Oh, that scarf looks so beautiful and frothy! It's going to look amazing in your yarn :)
Anonymous said…
saving special yarn for just the right thing is one of the true joys of our knitting journey. Enjoy. It'll be beautiful!
Bells said…
eek that anon was me!
raining sheep said…
It's so beautiful! So delicate and fragile looking. I can't wait to see how it turns out.
Rachel said…
It's going to be beautiful (and I love that pattern from Anne). Don't you love that feeling of finally finding 'the perfect' pattern for that skein(s) you've cherished for so long. I think you have the perfect attitude...embrace every stitch!

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa's Babbit

"As in knitting, as in life"

Blogiversary Again!