A Socky Dilemma

I had a clear plan to knit the Snicket Socks as soon as my Hedera's are finished and now that Ravelry came along and put a spanner in the works. A spanner in the shape of a beautiful sock pattern called Esther's Socks that I haven't seen before.This pattern comes from a German Yahoo group that I persuaded my German speaking friend to sign up to and get the pattern for me - it is in English so she doesn't have to translate as well :o) She says that the group looks great, they send new patterns every two months and have a good archive. If I didn't spend all my time knitting I'd take a German class.

The yarn I will use is the Colinette Velvet Plum, that much at least I am sure of. I love both patterns but I just can't decide which one to do first.

So I thought I'd try a blog poll and let anyone who wants to vote decide for me :o)

All being well the poll should appear at the end of this post, please vote and when I get the Hederas finished I shall go with the most popular; anyone who wants to expand on their vote in the comments please do so :0)

Comments

Seahorse said…
They're both lovely but Esther looks more interesting to knit to me.
Kath said…
Esther!!! Beautiful - shame I don't understand German myself! You have been presented with an award, please see my blog for details!
Modelwidow said…
Esther looks nice but I prefer Snicket myself - lovely colour yarn whichever you knit.
blog-blethers said…
ESTHER! Esther! Esther! Can you guess how I votes(lol)??? What a stunning pattern... Looking forward to seeing your Hedera's too - one of my favourites too but sadly still on the to-do list...
Lolly said…
Wow, that was a tough choice - both are so beautiful. Thanks for the info on the German group... maybe all of those years of German won't go to waste! :)

Cheers~
Marianne said…
Hmmm, looks to be Esther in the lead here...they're both beautiful patterns...but that Esther, she's stunning! love the picot edge.
Piglottie said…
They are both lovely, but I prefer Esther! I have some of the Jitterbug in Velvet plus and its such a beautiful colour. Just be careful with the yardage, as I've heard a lot of knitters complain that it comes up short.
dreamcatcher said…
I voted for Esther, so pretty! I have my beady eye on on some Skye in Velvet Plum, what a gorgeous colour.
blog-blethers said…
Sarah, you've been schmoozed (lol Honestly, it's not painful!). Please check out my blog for more details ...
I? said…
Absolutely Esther! I realize I'm late, but need to say it anyway.

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa's Babbit

"As in knitting, as in life"

Blogiversary Again!