Thursday, June 21, 2007

The thing is...

... I am so much faster at buying yarn than knitting it :o)

Knitting continues apace but it isn't very photoworthy - a bit more on Lady E, a bit of a sock and a bit of Arisaig's arm.

So I just had to buy something to take a picture of.

Here is some divine South West Trading Company 'Karaoke' from Get Knitted which I found when I was smooching around the site when I went to buy a 2.5mm circular for my sock course (yes the day is nearly here - on Saturday it'll be Socks,Socks, Socks for me!). I'm thinking of an entrelac cushion cover in this for some dearly beloved for Christmas - I'm going to start the gift knitting early this year, well once the birthdays are done. I'm off to knit up a swatch as I'm wondering about buying a whack to make a Forecast in.

10 comments:

Marianne said...

We are ALL so much faster at buying yarn than knitting! heh, that was cute.

Beautiful yarn, those colours!

Getting an early start on the holiday knitting...what a novel idea...and the problem is? There are SO MANY birthdays between now and then! (at least that's what my problem is.....)
That Forecast is a stunner.

Charity said...

Oh, Sarah, I'm with you there! I happen to be a pretty speedy yarn buyer, too, especially lately. :0)

That's some really pretty stuff you've got there!

Ms. M said...

Ooh, yummy yarn! I hear so much about the SWTC. Thanks and it is so exciting to be in the UK. I will have to make a pilgrimage to go and pet some Rowan and Jaeger somewhere. :D

clarabelle said...

The SWTC yarn looks beautiful! I haven't tried out any of their stuff yet... and yes, I'm just starting on Christmas knitting too, small projects for the warm summer months - I can't stand a pile of knitting in my lap when it's too hot!

The course looks great - this is when I wish I lived nearer London, instead of 170 miles to the north, and then 30 miles to the east...

Piglottie said...

"I am so much faster at buying yarn than knitting it :o)"

That made me lol - tis true of us knitters, and I think it just gets worse as time goes by. Lovely new yarn :)

Webbo said...

The colours of the Karaoke are gorgeous. I'm trying so, so hard to reign in my stashing tendencies - but like you, I have a funny way of finding myself on ebay. Oh dear, oh dear...

PS Glad to hear Arisaig is going well. Mine's having a little rest while I knit up a storm on Matilda Jane.

Queen of the froggers. said...

I am tempted by the SWT yarn but must resist! Forecast is a lovely knit, I look forward to seeing yours1

Tusa said...

Nice colours! Can't wait to see the end result.

artyfartykat said...

Wish I could knit faster than I buy!
SWTC yarn looks fab, lovely colours too!

dreamcatcher said...

Have you seen there is now Cascade 220 tweed on sale at GK. Not that I am trying to be an enabler or anything :-D The Karaoke looks lovely, I have been tempted for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...