FO: Chain Rib Socks

Yey! Finished object time. These have been on the needles a while as I have just fitted them in round other things - socks are so good for that. I plan to always have a pair on the go but to restrict it to one pair at a time in the hope that wanting to make the next ones will make sure I finish the current wip. Although I'm modelling them in the photo above this will be part of my Mum's birthday present (along with the silk scarf if I can stop being a meanie!!)
Pattern: Chain Rib Socks from Sensational Knitted Socks (54 stitch size)
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit Scala in shade 6533 - feels lovely and I'm really pleased with the shade and the striping knit up - used about 50g for this pair which I opted to make slightly shorter in the leg than normal (rib plus 3 pattern repeats = 30 rows) as I thought my Mum would like this
Needles: 5 x 2.5mm bamboo DPNs
Started: 14 April 2007
Finished: 6 June 2007
New Skills?: Mastered Charlene's two stitch pickup at the top of the gusset to eliminate the little holes - tried it with the Garter Rib pair and didn't quite get it but second time round it made sense
Notes: Am very underwhelmed by this pattern which
looks like a chain in the book and not on the sock! Maybe a striped yarn wasn't the best choice but even so I don't think I'd bother with this particular stitch again. Not loving the stitch is even more disappointing because there are so many beauties in the SKS book. The fit of these is a lot better than the Garter Rib Socks though I didn't have Mum's foot measurements so I hope her feet are as similar to mine as I think, otherwise.... oh dear I'll have to have them back ;0)

Comments

Marianne said…
Those are great socks, should we be hoping they fit your Mom?.....
I know she's a very lucky Mom!
Artis-Anne said…
Oh great socks for your Mum too ?;-)
My daughter has the SSK so I have just bought More SSK so that we can get the best of both although I don't think the new one is as well laid out as the first . I'm taking it and a load of other sock patterns and sack of sock yarn with us on our Scottish trip so you should be safe to buy as much sock yarn from you know where ;-)
Seahorse said…
They look really good!
Charity said…
Those look so comfy! Good job. :0)

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa's Babbit

"As in knitting, as in life"

Blogiversary Again!