Friyay

 


It's been the most beautiful day. Our local bread shop reopened on Thursday after their August holiday shut down and I felt the urge to walk over this morning and gather some of their goodies. Such a unique bread, it was so satisfying to bite into it again after a month off! I love that they shut down though, sort of old-fashioned/ new-fashioned. It feels good to me to see small businesses model sustainable ways of living, balancing life and work. It breathes hope in to my wish that we all start to live a bit more like this. 

It is a lovely September day, mellow feeling, perfect for a little wander with treats in store and a pop to the post office to send a long overdue package. Simple trips out like this are so precious to me. Solo time to sink in to the present, gently occupied my mind doesn't get up to so much mischief! Under the soft grey sky I meandered, delighting in signs of autumn peeking out at me from the hedges and edges. I saw a garden FILLED with french marigolds and was itching to take a photo but had left my phone on charge. A little voice suggested I paint them when I got home and I let that little voice keep whispering as I soaked in the atmosphere of the neighbourhood. By the time I got back I was inspired to try a journal spread capturing some of the vignettes and feels of the walk.

It's no masterpiece and no-one should underestimate how hard it is to paint bikes, but I love these pages so much! I've been relaxing with journalling videos on You Tube of late (and woodland living and packing etsy orders - a weird cross section of delight!) and that definitely played a part in my inspo for this. 

It's been such a soothing occupation. Letting that little walk fill the whole day, elevating errands to be the focus has made me feel deeply satisfied with where I am. Fridays at the moment call for space to let the work week settle, and fall out of my mind as much as possible. Sinking in to the feelings of this gentle walk. Challenging myself to draw things I don't normally. Playing with colours and different art supplies has been a lovely way to rest and restore a feeling of being more present in today.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa's Babbit

"As in knitting, as in life"

Blogiversary Again!