Sunday, July 05, 2009

A gentle start for some

Two fabulous stages to kick off Le Tour including a win for Cavendish, fellow Brit and Columbia team mate :o) For me it was a gentle start with some entrelac bringing a French air to my living room. Lady Eleanor, begun in 2007 and oft neglected since, has been the first to benefit from some attention.

This is my personal Tour course: Plenty of challenging inclines as I try and finish everything on the needles as a King of the Mountains rider aiming for as many completed WIPS as possible. While the GC riders and sprinters have their days, I'll ride along with the peloton getting a few kilometres past the needles and bide my time for the glory days in these mountains that I hope are to come. Aptly the reverse of the stole has something of the mountain range about it to my eye.

12 comments:

T. said...

Love the pic of your course...

Bonne chance...

knitting sprouts said...

what a great post!

Rose Red said...

Love the course map!! Good luck with it!

Also, love how your Lady E is looking - I think that's the nicest Noro colourway I've ever seen.

Charity said...

Good luck - it will be a very full month! You can do it! :o)

marycatharine said...

Good luck with your course!

Bells said...

oh i love reading the posts where people actually have some idea of what's going on in the race. I haven't. Good job!

Geek Knitter said...

Cavendish sure can sprint, can't he? That didn't seem to cost him a thing!

ambermoggie said...

Good luck on the tour, I love the back of Lady E:)

Anni said...

Good luck.

Linda said...

Thats great, love the course you are on!

StarSpry said...

I love how your Lady Eleanor is looking :) Great course map; good luck!!

Anna said...

I love your mountainous WIP shot! Good luck with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...