Friday, May 16, 2008

Summer Unfriendly Socks

It's taken the return of grey skys to persuade the 1TB to don the wool socks for their blog photo shoot. Every cloud has a silver lining! We seemed to skip spring and jump into summer here for a few days there. Normal service has now been resumed and socks are once again desirable.
Pattern: Primavera
Yarn: Shibui Sock - 2 skeins - Seaweed
Needles: 2.5mm Brittany Birch DPNs
Started: 2 April 2008
Finished: 10 May 2008
Notes: Fab pattern - very easily memorised and a lovely effect. Also loved this yarn - Raina recommended it and I got a batch shipped from the States via Simply Socks Yarn Company who provided a very good service and good value even including shipping. I'm a big fan, in love with the feel - very like Jitterbug or Koigu - and by all accounts there should be no bleeding of the colours in the wash. The colourways they offer are fabulous and this rich semi-solid green is a joy in person, though not easy to capture on camera. Officially worth the delay these are the recipient's favourite socks so far and my favourite pair I have made.

16 comments:

Charity said...

These look really great, and I love the pattern. I've had to add it to my queue. :0)

Veronique said...

I've never knit with Shibui sock yarn, but I've seen it (and fondled it)! I'm glad to hear you confirm how lovely it is :) Your green looks fab!

StarSpry said...

The socks look great! I love that color :)

Nikki Van De Car said...

I love that color!

Marianne said...

I've not had the pleasure of seeing/fondling that yarn, up close and personal like but mercy, that's some pretty colour/s!! and a fabulous pattern!

Terri said...

Gorgeous socks!!!! I'm liking the patter a lot!
I'm thinking of making DH a pair of socks for christmas, he keeps refusing when I offer, but how could he refuse if they were as nice as those eh??;-)

raining sheep said...

OOOH! they look lovely...the same color I knit for the Babe. I can't help but gush! I love the pattern you chose...I also have to confess that I just received in the mail like 5 sets of different colorways to make 5 pairs of socks...I love that yarn! It truly is my favorite sock yarn in the world.

donnac1968 said...

Great socks. I clicked over to that site and now I want lots more sock yarn!!

Bells said...

Oh I like! I like a lot! I don't think I've seen them before and if I have, I don't think I looked closely. They're going straight onto my list.

dreamcatcher said...

Lovely socks! Glad to hear you had a lovely time on holiday too.

Queen of the froggers said...

They do look good. The yarn sounds great and I have often looked at it. Your description means I may need to order some! Its cool here now too.

Rose Red said...

Fab socks!! Love the pattern and the yarn - seaweed is a very apt name for the colour!

Suzie Sews said...

Oh my word...just look at the detail in these socks...you clever, clever knitter you...

Lolly said...

these look so nice!

Kai said...

They're lovely! I have the pattern in my queue and I also have to-buy on the Shi-Bui!!!

Terby said...

Those are gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...